Upcoming PSPO-A training courses
All public courses below are in English
In person classroom training
All public in person classroom training courses are provided on our training location BCN Amsterdam Arena. Lunch and drinks are included.
Thursday 16 + Friday 17 November 2023
From 8:45h till 17:00h – UTC+1
Thursday 25 + Friday 26 January 2024
From 8:45h till 17:00h – UTC+1
Thursday 21 + Friday 22 March 2024
From 8:45h till 17:00h – UTC+1
Thursday 30 + Friday 31 May 2024
From 8:45h till 17:00h – UTC+2
Virtual online training
All public virtual online training courses are provided via Zoom.
There are no virtual online training courses planned at this moment.
€ 1495,- excl. VAT/BTW
Combi deal PSPO + PSPO-A
€ 2495,- excl. VAT/BTW
The combi deal is available if you choose to register and pay by invoice. If you prefer to register and pay online, contact us and we will send you a discount voucher. Valid for 1 individual only.
- Free attempt at the globally recognized Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification assessment
- Free 2nd attempt when you don’t pass your 1st attempt within 2 weeks
- Certification insurance
- Small class size: max. 10 students
- Free book – recommended read selected by your trainer
- Official Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced Reference Guide
- $ 200,- discount on the PSPO III assessment
Mastering the Product Owner Stances
This 2-day Scrum.org certified Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners to:
- expand their ability to establish a solid vision
- validate their hypotheses
- and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders.
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where students explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions.
What you will learn during the PSPO-A course
The Product Owner’s role has many sides. It requires to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
PSPO-A course topics
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product. It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. Especially for those with at least one year experience of building products with a Scrum Team.
It is highly recommended to first participate in my Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training course before you consider to register for this Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced training course.
If you are not sure if this course is a good match with your current understanding of and experience with the role of Product Owner, please contact me and I’d be happy to advise you.
Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) certification
All participants completing the PSPO-A course receive a password to take the Scrum.org PSPO II assessment. But do you attempt the PSPO II assessment within 14 days after the course and you score less than 85%? Then you get a 2nd attempt for free. And as a student of the PSPO-A course you also get a discount on the PSPO III assessment.
Since this assessment will be in English, participating in my English training course will help you prepare for the assessment in the best way possible.
What others say
“I enjoyed this very well facilitated training that brings lot of practical insights for Products Owners. Great job Matthijs for creating an open and safe environment for learning! I strongly recommend to join one of the future sessions to learn practical techniques to become an Entrepreneurial Product Owner”
Fabio Panzavolta – Professional Scrum Trainer
“This training from Matthijs really helped me a lot in understanding the role of the Product Owner even better. I learned a lot on how to be a better Product Owner. The location was great. Easy to reach by private or public transportation and the catering was all taken care of. I would definitely recommend Matthijs if you are looking for an advanced course for Product Owners.”
Murat Sürün – Interim Advanced Product Owner
“Matthijs is without a doubt one of the best trainers. He not only has mastered all the theory behind Scrum, but he has vast experience in applying that knowledge in the enterprise world. In his training courses he doesn’t just spout the agile platitudes at you, but deals with the real-life messy business of applying agile ideals to the day to day work. Matthijs’ trainings are invaluable if you are planning to actually be agile instead of just learning about Scrum.”
Kinshuk Kale – Change Agent, Agile and Innovation Coach
Our Scrum.org PSPO-Advanced trainers
My mission: inspiring others to discover new ways of working.
I have provided 100+ training courses and workshops in the fields of Scrum, Agile Product Development, and Kanban.
Over the years, I have advised and coached organizations within various industries from banking to healthcare. Before becoming an external consultant, trainer, and coach, I have been 5+ years part of different Scrum Teams. During that time I have been a Development Team member, Product Owner, and Scrum Master.
As an official Scrum.org licensed Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) I am trusted by the creators of Scrum to create the best possible foundation you can build on in practice.
Ever since I witnessed the benefits an Agile transformation can bring, I am passionate about inspiring teams and organisations to make the transition and help improve their workspace. Doing so, I have facilitated countless workshops and trainings around Scrum, Agility and Product Management.
Having hands on experience as both a Product Owner, Scrum Master and Transformation Consultant, I understand more than anyone that bringing Scrum theory into practice can prove to be very challenging. During my training courses, I draw examples from my experience varying from SME-companies in the Netherlands to corporate multinationals. Operating in fields from IT to Financial Services and Marketing.
In 2019, I felt honored to be admitted to ‘The Home of Scrum’ as an official Scrum.org licensed Professional Scrum Trainer (PST). Acknowledging my passion and efforts as a trainer.
Class room experience
Small class sizes
My training courses have a maximum of 10 students. This has the following benefits for you:
- A more personal experience for you as a student
- Contributes to an environment of trust and openness
- Easier for everyone to feel comfortable
- More space to bring in your own challenges from your workplace
- More space to learn from the experience of the other students
- Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced Datasheet
- Recommended resources for Product Owners
- Claim PMI PDUs for attending this course
- General terms and conditions
- COVID-19 impact on training courses